Thursday, May 6, 2010

Search-awareness, Twitter, Blogger, IE

Added a neat little trick to the site: Now, when you come here having searched from Google, the site automagically notices and calls out the words you were searching for within its content.

Simple trick, I know. I'm going to add similar functionality for other engines soon; this was just a proof of concept. Anyway, test it out; search for "Code Monkey Bryan" on google and check the call-outs.

I also added support for my Twitter status to be in the nav bar area of the About section.

Lastly, I migrated the blog to Blogger, with the site being populated by its RSS feed. Saves me the trouble of actually implementing a blog.

Meanwhile, I still have to break off the time to improve IE support. It's presently not there.

No comments: